Low-Frequency Seismic Sounding (LFS) is a mobile and environmentally friendly technology of hydrocarbon prospecting.
Over 160 completed projects with total area more than 1300 sq. km confirms reliability of results. Efficiency of oil-saturation forecast is amounted to 85%.
The LFS technology is based on the analysis of spectral characteristics of natural seismic back-ground noise in low-frequency (1-10Hz) range.
LFS surveys can be successfully applied for:
- Geophysical prospecting for oil & gas
- Detailed works on the oil & gas fields
- Delineation of oil & gas fields
- Optimization of exploration and drilling
- Identification of anomalous objects in geological media
- Mobility (conducting operations in regions difficult to access)
Efficiency – investigations on the area of 20 km2 (300-400 measurement points) can be completed in two months:
1 month – data acquisition, 1 month processing, interpretation and delivery of a report
- Environmentally friendly technology - without explosives, chemicals and drilling
According to the results of the LFS method our company provides the following:
- Maps of oil/gas accumulation zones, identified by LFS method
- Identifying of oil and gas accumulation boundaries
- Recommendations for further optimization of exploration and drilling
Download LFS technology brochure